Benefits for the environment, the economy and the people
Good for our environment
- Being responsible for 40% of total energy consumption and 36% of its CO2 emissions, Europe’s building stock offers a huge leverage to fight against the climate change.
- Minimizing the energy demand of the building stock eases the shift to renewable sources. This saves renewable energy potential needed for other sectors to make the energy transition happen.
- ETICS protect external walls from the elements, supporting the durability of the building structure. ETICS have proven in practice their durability and long-term performance.
- The ETICS sector takes responsibility for the sustainability and the circularity of systems.
Good for our economies
- Upgrading buildings’ envelopes with ETICS contributes to the recovery of national, regional and local economies. Projects are Trowel Ready. Small and mid-sized enterprises will benefit.
- We will have a strong economy whilst tackling climate change. Energy efficiency renovation is an investment for our society, not a cost.
- Energy-efficient buildings with ETICS create added value. Living space of the property is maintained. Rentability and property values are improved.
- ETICS support the energy transition, making Europe’s economy less dependent on energy imports. This strengthens Europe’s competitiveness.
Good for the people
- We spend over 90% of our lives inside buildings. Thermal comfort and indoor air quality have impact on our health. ETICS create a cosy indoor atmosphere in winter and cool temperatures in summer.
- ETICS contribute to a people-centric, friendly living environment. Children learn much better in healthier schools.
- Energy-efficient buildings help to fight energy poverty. Millions of European citizens cannot afford keeping their homes adequately warm. Thermal insulation relieves them from operating costs.
- No disruption to occupants while ETICS are applied.
Good for the building design
- Designing facades with ETICS upgrades the appearance of buildings and districts thanks to the huge variety of system configurations, colors, facing structures and detailing.
- ETICS are applicable in new build and renovation.
- ETICS-on-ETICS application is possible to upgrade previously insulated facades.