The stubbornly low energy renovation rate and depth across the EU clearly calls for the need to strengthen the provisions of the EPBD.
Renovate Europe is convinced that the following four regulatory measures must be introduced as they will be crucial in boosting renovation rates and depth in the EU:
- Introduction of Minimum Energy Performance Standards (MEPS) for all renovations
- Updating and improving the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) Framework
- Strengthening the requirements of the Long-Term Renovation Strategies (LTRS)
- Setting an ambitious definition of an EU Deep Renovation Standard
In addition, Renovate Europe highlights the importance of the following four non-regulatory measures that will be essential to provide the needed enabling framework for a strengthened EPBD to be rolled out successfully:
- Boosting Technical Assistance
- Significantly Increased Financing
- Supply Chain Capacity
Read all recommendations in the joint-position paper!